Visual Display of Graphic Data in Single Case Design Studies: Systematic Review and Expert Preference Analysis | Journal Club Series
by Nicole Bank, MS, BCBA Earn 3 BACB Learning CE credits!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Visual display of graphic data in single case design studies: Systematic review and expert preference analysis” authored by Leford, Barton, Severini, Simmerman and Pokorski published in Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities
. CEU credits are provided for reading the article, completing an article content quiz and participating in an online discussion.
Visual display of graphic data in single case design studies: Systematic review and expert preference analysis- Journal Club Series. Graphic displays of data are an efficient means of conveying the results of an investigation. This article assessed the different displays of data presented in various journals in special education. Common practices and variable features are discussed. In addition, this study contacted the editorial board members of special education journals for information on preferences for graphing practices.
Article link: Log in to your account with the BACB for a full text version
Visual display of graphic data in single case design studies: Systematic review and expert preference analysis- Journal Club Series. This is an interactive online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Type II BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article and completed a content quiz before attending the scheduled one-hour journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Identify the utility of visual analysis for analyzing single case design data.
- Describe how Study #1 was conducted
- Describe the results of Study #1
- Describe how Study #2 was conducted
- Describe the results of Study #2
- Provide implications for the results of these studies