The Softer Side of Supervision: Recommendations When Teaching and Evaluating Behavior-Analytic Professionalism | Journal Club Series
Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX Earn 3 Learning BACB® CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “The Softer Side of Supervision: Recommendations When Teaching and Evaluating Behavior-Analytic Professionalism” authored by Andzik and Kranak published in Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
The BACB supervision curriculum includes the evaluation of trainee skills related to professionalism. Current supervisors report they do not include teaching professionalism as part of their supervision training model and many don’t know how to teach these skills. This article provides a recommended training model.
This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3 Learning BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in its entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Describe and define “soft skills”
- Identify the best teaching framework for developing behavior-analytic professionalism
- Describe how to use BST to teach behavior-analytic professionalism
- Identify possible exercises to teach behavior-analytic professionalism
- Describe the supervisor’s role in developing behavior-analytic professionalism