Recommended Practices for Individual Supervision of Aspiring Behavior Analysts | Journal Club Series
Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX Earn 3 BACB Learning CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Recommended practices for individual supervision of aspiring behavior analysts” authored by Sellers, Valentino & LeBlanc published in Behavior Analysis in Practice
. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
Recommended practices for individual supervision of aspiring behavior analysts- Journal Club Series. Supervision of aspiring behavior analysts is a necessary component to the growth of the field of behavior analysis. Supervision requirements ensure our professionals acquire the necessary skills to be successful after certification and into their professional career. This article helps structure supervision to optimize productivity and efficiency by identifying five recommendation practices for effective supervision.
Recommended practices for individual supervision of aspiring behavior analysts- Journal Club Series. This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Learning CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CE credit will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Identify why effective and efficient supervisory practices are important to behavior analysis
- List the five recommended practice guidelines
- Identify examples and non-examples of the recommended practice guidelines
- Identify one personal area of need to apply the recommended practice guidelines
- List at least two sources of resources for supervisors
Mandatory Disclaimer: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)