Preparing Individuals with Developmental Disabilities for Employment Part 1: Assessment of Job-Related Social Skills - 3 CEUs - 3 Month Subscription
by Dorothea C. Lerman, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA and Pia Som
Earn 3 BACB Learning CEUs! Suited for BCBAs & BCaBAs!
The first part of this two-part workshop will provide an overview of social skills critical to successful employment and describe an assessment methodology for identifying intervention targets. Participants will receive step-by-step instructions and tips for implementing the assessment with their clients. Part 2 will cover interventions.The live webinar was held on April 30, 2021 at 11 AM - 2 PM ET.
by Dorothea C. Lerman, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA and Co-Presenter Pia Som
An increasing number of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities are entering adulthood without adequate preparation for successful transitions to employment. Behavior analysts have much to offer these individuals as they prepare for life after high school. Challenges with job-related social skills, such as asking for help and responding to feedback, are likely barriers to positive employment outcomes.
In this two-part workshop, we will (a) provide an overview of social skills critical to success in maintaining employment, (b) describe an assessment methodology for identifying intervention targets, and (c) describe an assessment-driven approach for identifying effective interventions for job-related social skills
At the end of this session, participants will be able to accurately:
- State important job-related social skills
- Identify gaps in the literature on assessment of job-related social skills
- Describe a methodology for assessing job-related social skills
- Collect and analyze data on job-related social skills
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this course (see above).
- Watch the recorded webinar (module 1).
- Complete the Post-Test (module 2).
- Complete the survey (module 3).
- Once all modules have been completed to criterion you can print your certificate for BACB Learning CEUs.
- To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # 0P-02-0017.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CEU events, this organization, or instructors.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CEU products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.