Some Relations Between Culture, Ethics, and Technology in B.F. Skinner | Journal Club Series
Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX Earn 3 BACB ETHICS Learning CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Some relations between culture, ethics, and technology in B.F. Skinner”authored by de Melo, de Castro and de Rose published in Behavior and Social Issues
. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
Some relations between culture, ethics, and technology in B.F. Skinner. Behavior analysis has the technology to solve important human problems such as overpopulation, nuclear war, pollution, equal rights, and equal opportunities. However, the development of such technology at a cultural level raises ethical questions yet to be answered. This article examines how B.F. Skinner addressed many of these issues throughout his career and explores how many of these issues are still relevant today.
Some relations between culture, ethics, and technology in B.F. Skinner. This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Type II BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
firstname.lastname@example.org AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Identify how moral and ethical behaviors related to a science of behavior.
- Identify the difference between goods and values.
- Define descriptive ethics and prescriptive ethics.
- Describe a behavioral ethical technology.
- Explain how The Technology of Teaching exemplifies a behavioral ethical technology.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. does not sponsor, approve, or endorse the material, information, or products described herein. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves this product. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)