Evaluation of the High-Probability Instructional Sequence to Increase Compliance with Multiple Low-Probability Instructions Among Children with Autism | Journal Club Series
Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX Earn 3 Learning BACB® CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Evaluation of the high-probability instructional sequence to increase compliance with multiple low-probability instructions among children with autism” authored by Rosales, Wilder, Montalvo and Fagan published in Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
The high-probability instructional sequence is often used to increase compliance with children with intellectual disabilities. This study investigates the use of the high-probability instructional sequence with a series of 2 and 3 low probability instructions. The utility of the high probability instructional sequence is discussed.
This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3 Learning BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
firstname.lastname@example.org AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in its entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Define and describe the high probability instructional sequence
- Provide a brief review of current research on the high probability instructional sequence
- Describe the methods used in this study
- Describe the results of this study
- Describe how this study extends the current understanding of the high probability instructional sequence