Ethical Considerations for Offering Telehealth as Part of the Continuum of ABA Services During and Post COVID-19 - 1.5 Ethics CEUs - 3 Month Subscription
by Dr. Leslie Neely, BCBA-D Earn 1.5 Learning ETHICS CEUs! Suited for BCBAs & BCaBAs.
This webinar (recording) is designed for behavior analysts and will provide an overview of the different telehealth ABA models, the scope of telehealth modality, ethical considerations for including telehealth as part of the continuum of ABA services (2.06, 2.09, 2.15), and informed consent as integral to identifying service modality (2.03, 3.02, 4.02). This presentation includes case and video examples. This course entails watching a recorded webinar (which was originally held on June 10, 2020 at 1:30 pm ET), completing a post-test quiz module to criterion, and completing a brief survey module.
This webinar will start by providing an overview of the different telehealth ABA models (asynchronous, synchronous, hybrid, telehealth, and technician on site vs. caregiver coaching). We will then dive into ethical considerations for including telehealth as a service modality including confidentiality concerns (2.06), planning for continuity of services (2.15), and consideration of treatment and intervention efficacy (2.09). We will then discuss the role of informed consent as integral to identifying service modality including identifying the service team and consultation (2.03), obtaining medical consultation (3.02), and involving clients in planning and consent (4.02). Finally, we will end with a discussion of potential for telehealth to elevate current ABA services and the role of telehealth post COVID-19 pandemic. This presentation includes case and video examples.
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this course (see above).
- Watch the recorded webinar (module 1).
- Complete the Post-Test (module 2).
- Complete the survey (module 3).
- Once all modules have been completed to criterion you can print your certificate for BACB Learning CEUs.
- To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # 0P-02-0017.
- Ethical considerations for including telehealth as a service modality
- Maintaining confidentiality (2.06)
- Interrupting or discontinuing services (2.15)
- Treatment/Intervention efficacy (2.09)
- Telehealth models
- Overview of telehealth
- Informed consent as integral to identifying service modality
- Identifying the service team and consultation (2.03)
- Medical consultation (3.02)
- Involving clients in planning and consent (4.02)
- Telehealth to elevate ABA services
- Participants will state at least 2 differences in providing ABA services in-person and via telehealth methodologies.
- Participants will state 2 ethical considerations for including telehealth as part of the continuum of ABA services (2.06, 2.15, and 2.09)
- Participants wills state 2 best practices when obtaining informed consent for telehealth services (2.03, 3.02, 4.02)
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)