Success. It's what we all want in treating children with autism spectrum disorders.
Whether it's adapting instructional strategies or devising an individualized curriculum to meet the unique needs of these children, Effective Instruction for Children with Autism provides the necessary framework for teachers and caregivers.
Written with the support of a Grant and Cooperative Agreement from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this publication and accompanying DVD offer a reference guide with step-by-step instructions for:
* Identifying autism spectrum disorders
* Learning basic and advanced topics within Applied Behavior Analysis
* Using effective, evidence-based interventions
* Maximizing impact of reinforcers
* Collecting, analyzing, and using data
* Increasing independence and quality of life
* Engaging in reciprocal social interactions with others
* Assessing causes and potential treatments for challenging behaviors
* Developing individualized curriculum for children with autism spectrum disorders
Authors include Board Certified Behavior Analysts who have successfully worked with hundreds of children with autism at The Dr. Gertrude A. Barber National Institute. Established in 1952, the Institute has a reputation for excellence in helping children and adults with developmental disabilities reach their potential.