Effective early intervention doesn’t stop when the provider leaves the family’s home. That’s why every interventionist needs this practical sourcebook, packed with research-based strategies for helping parents and caregivers take a consistent, active role in supporting young children’s development. Targeting 80 skills in 6 key developmental domains for children birth to three, this reader-friendly guide gives professionals dozens of ready-to-use ideas for helping families and caregivers embed learning opportunities in their everyday routines. Early interventionists will turn to this book again and again for strategies that enhance child development, strengthen attachment, and help children with developmental delays participate fully in family life.
EMPOWER FAMILIES TO
- Work on IFSP goals during commonly occurring routines and activities, such as grocery shopping, riding in the car, or looking at books
- Understand child development and establish appropriate expectations for their child
- Support skills critical to promoting developmental growth and participation in family and community activities
- Transform everyday materials and routines into powerful new learning opportunities
- Give children multiple opportunities to practice and reinforce new skills throughout the day
Support 6 key areas of skill development:
- Behavior Regulation and Social
- Cognitive and Receptive Language
- Expressive Language
- Gross Motor
- Fine Motor
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Twelve detailed charts show clear examples of how to use familiar daily routines to boost development across domains.
A featured book in our Effective Early Intervention Kit!