A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice | Journal Club Series
by Nicole Bank, MS, BCBA Earn 3 BACB Learning CE credits!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice” authored by Saini and Mitteer published in Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
. CEU credits are provided for reading the article, completing an article content quiz and participating in an online discussion.
A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice- Journal Club Series. Operant renewal occurs when a previously eliminated target behavior occurs as a function of changing stimulus contexts. The study of renewal in humans has many practical and clinical implications. This article is a literature review of renewal investigations in clinical and human-laboratory studies.
Article link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/jeab.562
A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice- Journal Club Series. This is an interactive online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Type II BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article and completed a content quiz before attending the scheduled one-hour journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Define operant renewal
- List various clinical implications for the occurrence of operant renewal
- Identify the purpose of the current review
- Describe the methods and inclusion criteria for the current review
- Describe the results of this review of the literature
- State clinical and theoretical implications based on this literature review