A Review of Investigations of Operant Renewal with Human Participants: Implications for Theory and Practice | Journal Club Series
by Nicole Bank, MS, BCBA Earn 3 BACB Learning CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice” authored by Saini and Mitteer published in Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
. CEUs are provided for reading the article, completing an article content quiz and participating in an online discussion.
A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice- Journal Club Series. Operant renewal occurs when a previously eliminated target behavior occurs as a function of changing stimulus contexts. The study of renewal in humans has many practical and clinical implications. This article is a literature review of renewal investigations in clinical and human-laboratory studies.
Article link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/jeab.562
A review of investigations of operant renewal with human participants: Implications for theory and practice- Journal Club Series. This is an interactive online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Learning CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article and completed a content quiz before attending the scheduled one-hour journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Define operant renewal
- List various clinical implications for the occurrence of operant renewal
- Identify the purpose of the current review
- Describe the methods and inclusion criteria for the current review
- Describe the results of this review of the literature
- State clinical and theoretical implications based on this literature review
Mandatory Disclaimer: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)