A Methodological Review of Preference Displacement Research | Journal Club Series
by Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX | Available for 3 Learning BACB CEUs
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “A methodological review of preference displacement research” authored by White, Melanson, Sipila-Thomas and Brodhead and published in Behavioral Interventions. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
This is a systematic literature review of preference displacement research. Preference displacement occurs when a client disproportionally selects edible stimuli over leisure stimuli when these stimuli are presented in the same preference assessment. Key findings of the literature review are reported along with strengths and weaknesses of our current research in this area.
This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3 Learning BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in its entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Describe preference displacement
- Describe the state of research on preference displacement before this literature review was conducted
- List the various features used to characterize the studies in this literature review
- Describe the results of this literature review
- List some of the variables that can help researchers and practitioners better understand patterns of preference displacement